Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Would the Top MLB prospects please stand up? What's that no Mets. Oh lord.

So MLB network ran a special on the top fifty prospects in baseball and you know how many Mets farm players were on the list? Zero. Zilch. None. The Giants had two in the top ten. The Red Sox had four on the list as did the Royals and Rays. Phillies and Braves both had three and the Braves had the top guy on the list. None of this is good. It just shows how poorly the Mets have drafted under Omar. Their farm is mid level and they keep talking about the latin development of players but they still aren't where other teams are.

One of the most frustrating things to watch in the injury plagued year that was 09 was the fact that they barely gave any of the young guys a chance. Do I really need to see Fernando Tatis out there? Really? And now there is talk he might be the starting 1b. You have to be kidding me. It's bad when you hope that Murphy is the starting 1b. And I like the guy. I mean look what Manuel said about him according to the NY Post, “I think Daniel Murphy can do enough that we can survive.” Survive? really that's your ringing endorsement? Excuse me while I go throw up.

Ok I'm back. My point is that Murphy is their best choice because their farm has nothing. It has less talent out there than a Johnson City strip club. It's not good. And that's Omar's job. And once again he has failed. How can the Mets not have a single guy in MLB's Top 50 prospects? Not one. That's pathetic. And it's on Omar and the scouting team. I don't care if the Wilpons won't pay more than the slot. You should still find talent out there. And apparently they can't. And so they should all go.

No comments:

Post a Comment